Rene Descartes – Meditations on First Philosophy
FileType : 1 CD – 9 MP3s
FileSize : 1 CD – 9 MP3s
Read a brief overview of the work, or chapter by chapter summaries.
- Overall Analysis and Themes
- First Meditation: skeptical doubts
- Second Meditation, Part 1: cogito ergo sum and sum res cogitans
- Second Meditation, Part 2: the wax argument
- Third Meditation, Part 1: clear and distinct perceptions and Descartes’ theory of ideas
- Third Meditation, Part 2: Descartes’ theory of ideas (cont.)
- Third Meditation, part 3: the existence of God and the Cartesian Circle
- Fourth Meditation, Part 1: God is no deceiver
- Fourth Meditation, Part 2: Will, intellect, and the possibility of error
- Fifth Meditation: “The essence of material things, and the existence of God considered a second time”
- Sixth Meditation, Part 1: Cartesian body
- Sixth Meditation, Part 2: Mind-body dualism
- Sixth Meditation, Part 3: Primary and secondary qualities
List of Characters
Continue your study of Meditations on First Philosophy with these useful links.
- Study Questions
Get ready to write your essay on Meditations on First Philosophy.
- Suggested Essay Topics
- How to Cite This SparkNote