Self-Led Sexuality: An IFS Based Model for Healing, Pleasure, and Empowerment
Salepage : Self-Led Sexuality: An IFS Based Model for Healing, Pleasure, and Empowerment
Archive : Self-Led Sexuality: An IFS Based Model for Healing, Pleasure, and Empowerment Digital Download
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Richard Schwartz, PhD | Patricia Rich, LCSW, CST-S
14 Hours 18 Minutes
Aug 06, 2020
Module 1: BeFriend with Benefits: Exploring Sexuality Through the Lens of IFS
- Definition of sexuality and other key concepts
- Relevance for IFS practitioners and therapists including common sexual issues that can arise in therapy
- The field of sex therapy and positive sexuality: common approaches and assumptions and what IFS offers that deepens and expands these approaches
- and more!
Module 2: Who Comes? Self and Parts in the Internal Sexual System
- Intro to the internal sexual system, how parts use sex and sexuality to do their jobs
- A Self-Led Sexual System: roles of unburdened parts, 6 S’s of Sexual Self Energy, a model for relating sexually with Self in the lead, not being sexually broken
- Case Examples: Different parts show up at different parts of the cycle, as well as preceding stages of initation, motivation
- and more!
Module 3: Embracing Your Self: Therapist Parts Related to Sexuality
- Barriers, Biases and Blind spots
- Sample sexual assessment questions: See what it feels like to be asked questions, to imagine asking the questions
- Therapist parts when therapist has experienced sexual trauma or other adverse sexual experiences
- and more!
Module 4: Learning to L.U.S.T. (Love your Unblended Sexual Team)
- Model of Internal Consent and Interactive Consent
- Using the 6 S’s of Sexual Self Energy for mindfulness, presence and pleasure
- Parts in relation to fantasy, taboo, how much pleasure is allowed, sexual scripts and repertoire
- and more!
Richard Schwartz, PhDRelated seminars and products
Richard Schwartz began his career as a systemic family therapist and an academic and he is now on the Faculty of the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is also a Senior Fellow of the Meadows treatment center in Arizona. Grounded in systems thinking, Dr. Schwartz developed the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model in response to clients’ descriptions of various parts within themselves. In 2000, he founded the Center for Self Leadership (now IFS Institute – www.ifs-institute.com), which offers three levels of trainings and workshops in IFS for professionals and the general public, both in this country and abroad. A featured speaker for national professional organizations, Dr. Schwartz has published many books and over fifty articles about IFS.
Patricia Rich, LCSW, CST-SRelated seminars and products
When Patty first became interested in IFS, she thought it would be useful in the treatment of sexual dysfunction. Then, as she learned the model she got curious about how sexuality “lives” in the internal system. Now she believes that IFS is not only extremely useful in the healing of sexual dysfunction and trauma, but also that IFS offers a gateway to fabulous, intimate, sexual relating for anyone. She brought her insights to the IFS Annual Conference first as a half day session and then as a full day Pre-Conference workshop where she received much encouragement to continue to develop her creative approach. She is very pleased to have the opportunity through the Online Continuity Program to further share this evolving journey. She invites participants to Learn to L.U.S.T. (Love your Unblended Sexual Team) for their own benefit as well as that of their clients.
Patricia Rich, LCSW, CST-S is a Certified IFS Therapist and AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and Supervisor. She fell in love with IFS in 2011 and has since completed Levels 1, 2 and 3, served as a Program Assistant and offered IFS workshops. She founded The Relating Well Center, LLC, a relationship and sexuality focused private practice in the Philadelphia area where she welcomes clients and consultees of diverse ethnicities, sexual orientations and genders. Learn more about her offerings at
More from Categories : Everything Else